Feeling Those You Serve Through Technology
In a world full of computers, cellphones and other communication mediums there is a lot of communicating without to touching. Actually I would compare it to constant letter writing. Writing letters can be very intimate, but with all the frequency of communication involved feelings can get lost in the sauce. Sharing through communication mediums have actually cause much confusion. Just because we know how to work the technology, does not mean we have mastered the integration of human spirit. So how can you add some humanity into your electronic communications? First of all let’s assess what you want to get out of your communication. Let’s say you want to attract a client. This client has seen your website and they want to work with you. How can you feel this potential relationship without touching them?
- Check out the post “5 Ways to Know What Others Are Thinking”
- After you know what they are thinking you want to share with them based on the level they are comfortable. Share a short version of a story related to their interest. For example, if they are curious about you, share a short story about you. If they are directly interested in your service share with them a life changing testimony.
- Everyone has desires and there should be subtle clues to the desires of your prospective client. Find creative way to appeal to their desire on a basic level. For example, if someone contacts me and they express they are stuck in creating a clear business purpose, I would immediately send them “The Quick Business Purpose Clarification Formula” and the follow up with them a few days later to see if it helped.
- As the relationship develops you can always send more personable updates. For online business owners this is where your ezine can come in handy. You can send personal videos, photos of things you are doing and even tell learning stories or personal life transforming experiences.
- One great idea I ran across was to have a new contact teleconference. This is simply a round table like gathering on a conference line. This creates connection, intimacy and allows everyone to feel comfortable with one another.
This is the business version. I will talk about the more intimate and spiritual ways of connecting in another post. This needs much attention. In the meantime try some of these tips in your business.
Your assignment for today