Dear Frustrated Job Seeker
If you’ve been looking for a job for more than 3 months you are more than likely a frustrated job seeker. As a frustrated job seeker myself I can tell you that more than likely the reason you have not found a job has more to do with:
- The economy (unstable)
- Changing hiring practices (unpredictability)
- Uninformed hiring panels (ignorance)
- Break of communication between human resources and owner of the company (lack of internal communication)
- Too many people applying to the same job (lottery)
What’s a Frustrated Job Seeker to Do?
No amount of education or training can change the above circumstances. Gone are the days where you can talk directly to the owner of the company and let them know how qualified, dedicated and eager you are to serve. Gone are the days when you could interview with one person and one person could make the decision to hire you. You could impress a whole panel of people on one interview only to fail to impress one member on your second or third interview.
Let’s admit it. Frustrated job seekers are being taken on a wild ride that is not likely to change for the better, because this problem is not just about the economy. Its about corporations “streamlining”, trying to get more for less at the expense of the job seeker. Check out this post from one of my favorite bloggers and you will see what I’m talking about.
The Options of a Frustrated Job Seeker
- You can keep buying suits, going on the hunt, trying to appeal to thousands of different employment cultures. However, that does not work because the employment culture is not concerned about you they are concerned with their bottom line. So, at anytime the very thing you changed, sacrificed or altered that got you the job, could be the very thing that either doesn’t matter or could get you fired when it comes to the company’s “bottom line”.
- You could very well take all of your talents sort though them, pull out the most profitable ones and begin to create your own stream of income. People with needs are much easier to appeal to than corporations. It doesn’t require any more energy than you are already putting out into the universe to get a job. However, it does require you to plan, focus and execute in a much different way.
I’m a Frustrated Job Seeker Too Read Story Here!
Because I have experienced both options with much more success with option 2 I must tell you that even though I can help you:
- Write a killer resume
- Interview with precision
- Submit to the top job sites
- Dress for success
- Make your competitors look like peons
I can’t do that with the surety and good conscious that all this will get you a job. However, I can assure you that if you have a gift or talent that will make someone’s life easier and you are willing to follow specific steps you can start your own business and not only make money, but most importantly rebuild your self-esteem and worth. Rebuilding your spirit alone is worth millions and will eventually translate into your business and make you into a magnet for success.
From Frustrated Job Seeker to Successful Entrepreneur
Imagine what it would feel like to wake up knowing that people are looking for you, rather than you looking for and begging someone for a job. You wake up and go to your computer and you see email after email asking you for your expert advice about a situation. You give them some relief and you charge them to solve their problem.
This is the life of an entrepreneur. It’s not always easy, but you have much more control over your fate than throwing your name in a hat hoping to be chosen for a job. In my spirit I am much more at peace with myself helping others create their jobs, rather than telling someone they need to continue to alter or change this or that only to continue to be looked over or laid off once again.
I will tell you this and I want you to fully comprehend what I’m telling you…
You can not be an entrepreneur and a victim at the same time. Because you are the captain of your own ship all failures of your business will either point at your failure to know, change, commit or preserver.
The only thing I can promise you will get is KNOWLEDGE. Changing, commitment, perseverance you will have to cultivate. The difference between entrepreneurship and job seeking is the equivalent of losing weight by working hard, committing and changing your lifestyle and taking a pill.
You can NOT take a pill and become an entrepreneur. You have to live it, breathe it and love it. I must admit, the best thing about being an entrepreneur is that:
- If I tweak or change something, I see the results in my business right away
- If I stick it out, I get rewarded
- If I invest in by business I get a return
I can say for sure that this has not been the case in the world of traditional employment. If you do a thousand sit ups you should see a change in your abs , right? Well, trust me there are lots of frustrated job seekers who have done the equivalent to a million sit ups and have not seen one change in their situation. If this is you then you can go HERE to get some relief. If you need to get your business going feel free to contact me and let’s get started.